Pinch Punch it’s the first of the month! You don’t need to pinch me as my smallest one likes giving my arms a pinch when I’m holding her. Another Flawless Friday already, a way to remember our flawless and funny moments from during the week. This is a way I can remember the wonderful moments and events during our week and focus on the flawless.
- I can’t not mention this one first as it really was the highlight of my week. Britmums. What a fabulous day we had and it was so lovely to meet many other bloggers and a few I can see being good friends. I’ve already written a post about how the day inspired me and what went on here, so I won’t ramble on about it. Also for everyone who has asked, I’m sure I’ve replied but just in case, my outfit was from H&M. The entire outfit including the bag and shoes (which I’m extremely grateful to my mum for treating me to these), it was also fairly inexpensive!
- The day we went to Britmums, my kiddies spent the day with Mr Firstooth and they were well and truly spoilt. Not only spoilt by their daddy and grandparents but Nanny Firstooth knew I was a little embarassed at the state of our home. We had washing everywhere and the kitchen wasn’t straightened, things like this drive me crazy I cannot stand mess. So Nanny Firstooth tidied our entire home, I could have cried, it looked spotless. Unfortunately our patio doors have tiny hand prints on and the stairs need another hoover again but it was a wonderful surprise.
Mr Firstooth had a morning off work this week and while I took the kids out for the day he started on our garden project. He completely cleared the beds leaving it free for new bushes to be planted and he tidied the front of our home. He even potted the new lavender bush I’d bought. Another lovely surprise to come home to.
We spent the day with my friends and their children. My son is best buddies with her sweet little boy and my daughter is heart shaped eyes for her youngest son. I absolutely love their friendship and we had such a fabulous day at the zoo. I wrote a picture heavy post about it here. It’s mostly pictures of the children looking incredibly angelic. Even though my two turned into devils just as we were leaving.
I treated myself to a camera stand this week. I’m not sure there’s a reason behind the purchase but on Wednesday I wanted to test it out. I took the kids out for a walk and set up in a field then took pictures of us all playing. I felt really silly and I’m pleased nobody was around to see.
I’ve been practising my photography this week as much as I can and I’ve even started a photography course.
- The kids and I went to the park and we were there for hours. It’s tricky juggling two toddlers in a play park but we managed it and they loved running around.
Following on from the park visit, they had the best sleep they’ve had in years.
Friends and family. They’re a pretty flawless bunch!
I read dozens of blogs every day, some which are hot off the press and some which are oldies but goodies. There are so many I thoroughly enjoy and I want to share a few flawless posts each week so others can enjoy them too.
- A post from my lovely buddy Kate. She’s been running a series about bullying on her blog and this post really made me think about what makes a bully tick and also what defines one. It’s something I fear for my children and I hope they never have to experience it, I also hope they never inflict this kind of behaviour on somebody else. I hate to say it but it is all part of growing up and some people don’t learn different social skills until they’re much older. Not that it makes it any more pleasant to experience.
- Jen from Life as a Rambling Redhead always makes me laugh. She has a sense of humour I can thoroughly appreciate and writes about motherhood in a candid, yet humorous way. She wrote a post about raising a ‘loud’ child. I have one of those. Reading this made me so happy knowing that someone understands what it’s like. Loud doesn’t mean naughty, a lot of the time it means they’re expressing their joy about something. When we’re out at the park or taking a walk somewhere, I don’t want to stifle my kiddies’ loudness, I love hearing their happiness. The downside to a loud child is they can be twice as loud when they’re grizzly!
Another Jen who writes at Lets Talk Mommy. I love her blog in general because it’s so positive, bright and her posts are lifestyle as well as parenting. She wrote a post, only a couple of days ago, about staying in a hotel with kids. My recent post about our hotel stay was filled with the unfortunate reality, even though it was a lovely night. Her post gives really practical tips and ones that are easy to implement. Taking little kiddies away to a hotel for the first night can be quite daunting, so with these helpful tips it should make any parent feel a little more at ease and equipped to survive the stay and most of all, enjoy it!
I hope you’ve had a lovely week and have a flawless weekend!
This post has been shared on: