I’ve not looked or felt very flawless this week because we’ve all been fighting a cold. But we have had a few moments which have made the week a little brighter. I try hard to find the positive in every situation now, because being a Negative Nancy is no fun.
Here’s this weeks’ Flawless Friday:
- Saturday I went solo to visit my parents, the irony is, I went solo because I didn’t want the kids to catch Granny Firstooths’ cold, but we all became ill at the start of the week anyway so I needn’t have worried. Anyway I’ve probably not sat just me and my parents since before my first born arrived. We had lunch, discussed, debated and laughed hard. I’ve not seen them like this and they haven’t seen me like this either, I tend to be plugged into my phone while they play with the kids or I’m fussing and faffing with the little babes. It was nice to just sit down relaxed and laugh.
- We attended a Christening on Sunday and it was a special day to be a part of
- Mr Firstooth had a few days off during the week, handy to help while my head felt like a stuffy bowling ball and the kids needed their noses wiped every 5 seconds.
- My kids. They’re just flawless and with each milestone I get a little nervous at how quickly they’re growing up
- We managed to mow the lawn. Boring. But the kids are no longer wading through 3 feet of grass when they play outside. We now have a meadow of daisies, tulips and dozens of Mickey Mouse balls out the back.
- During a trip to the park a man driving a digger stopped to give our digger obsessed son a show. It sounds creepy, but it really was sweet and made my little boys day.
- Our daughter said “Humpy Dumpy” instead of Humpty Dumpty and our son laughed so hard his belly ached. The funny thing is, he mocks her way of saying Humpty Dumpy, but he can’t say it either! He says “upty dupty”
“Say Upty Dupty again”
There’s the flawless moments of my week, hopefully next week will contain more, I know there’s certainly one thing I’m very excited about, actually two things (tight lips for now as I can’t jinx them). Without the above happy moments I’d be wallowing in a pit of snot-covered tissues right now, instead I’m typing this, obviously and watching my usual trashy tv. Real Housewives.
Have a great weekend!
This post has been shared on: