I can’t believe how quickly these weeks are flying by, it’s another Flawless Friday. A weekly post to capture the Flawless moments of our week, because it’s important to remember and take note for a happy soul.
This weeks Flawless Friday
- On Sunday we visited a cute nearby town filled with quaint shops. As luck would have it there was also a festival on. A market filled with artisan foods, delicious tastings, there was pretty much food for days. We had a box of food from the Indian stand for lunch, I know, it felt strange having curry for lunch, but it tasted good. I do enjoy a good food fayre, food is a passion of mine. We always end up buying over-priced jars of sauce and ridiculously expensive brownies, in the spirit. Why buy a jar of curd for 89p from the shop when it can cost you £4.89 at a food fayre? I don’t know why. Someone needs to stop me.
- We’ve had a few weeks of whinge and while I’ve been tuned to ignore this over time, I’m increasingly aware that other people aren’t so tolerant. Whenever we’re in the company of other people I find myself overly worrying about their reaction to that awful toddler whinge. Well, in reward to my suffering that everybody in the world seems to be putting me through (in my mind) when the moans and groans of my babies start, they’ve been very loving and have needed me. I like being needed, even late at night when they’re sleepy and a bit grumpy, when my son asks me to lay with him while he falls asleep, I can never turn those cuddles down. They’re obviously going through a little growth spurt which explains why some days we start with a whinge and end with a wine, but while they need me to comfort them through it, I will. Because when they stop needing me I will sob so hard that I’ll be calling them for cuddles.
- We had two playdates this week and thank God for the sun. All the kids played happily outside and there was next to no arguments. There’s nothing more enjoyable than a playdate going smoothly, your kids are happy and you’re happy sipping tea and gossiping about the Kardashians. Or whatever, I don’t know.
- We had a lunch date with Granny Firstooth. It’s always nice to see the parents during the week, it’s a nice treat for me as well as the children. Being a Stay at Home mum can be a little isolating, so at least that was one extra day during the week of adult chat, it’s a bonus that it was Granny Firstooth.
- Depending on when you read this post, I may actually be at Legoland with my baby beasts.
I hope you had a great week and I just wanted to share with you a little action plan of Firstooth going forward and what posts you can expect and when. I wasn’t sure where to write this, so I thought popping it into my weekly updates post seemed fitting. You may or may not have noticed that there is a slight pattern to the posting schedule on Firstooth.
Currently I post every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. The key thing to remember is I will only post if I have something funny or insightful to say, or if I feel it’ll be interesting to you at all.
I’m broadening the types of posts I’ll be publishing now, so instead of it being solely about parenting, there’ll be a lot of interesting lifestyle posts to come too. This includes beauty, food, home, health and wellbeing and general tips. I won’t short change you with the parenting posts, they will still be the forefront and the heart of my blog, because that is my life, it’d be impossible not to write about our family life and the hilarious things our toddlers do, which makes us lose our mind.
Sarcasm, happiness and a light-hearted humour will still dominate the majority of the posts you read. Apart from recipes. I haven’t got the skillset to make a recipe funny.
And on that note…
Have a Flawless weekend!
Don’t forget you can like our Facebook page and subscribe, then you really won’t miss a post!
This post has been shared on: