So, I’m going to try and do a weekly post which rounds up the flawless parts of our week. You know, the fun, the hilarious and the purely lovely moments we have as a family. This may not be a regular weekly thing, because life gets in the way sometimes. But I’ve been inspired by Sian, Katy and Aby – three great blogs for lifestyle, family and blogging, to highlight the great points of our week. Even when you’ve had a pretty cruddy week, there’ll always be something that shines through.
Maybe that should be my new motto, ‘focus on the positivity’? Ah, maybe not, I will focus on the positivity every Friday. The rest of the week I will dwell in the awfulness that is tantrums, leaky nappies and late finishes from Mr Firstooth.
So here it is, my Flawless Friday:
- The Sunday just passed we took my two little babes for their first ride on the railway. Are you a Kent local? If you are then you’ve probably heard of the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway. This was going to be the year that we’d take the kids onto the trains, but unfortunately Mr Firstooth was working, it was a last minute decision made my Grandad Firstooth. The kids and I were like ‘really?! We’re going on the choo choo’ (In the most over the top joyful voice you can muster). It was such a brilliant day and the toddler terrorists were made up, incredibly hyper on the train dancing, singing. Just crazy. For me, one of the laugh out loud moments would be when my son said he was going to stroke this bush on the beach “my stroke dis bush nanny”, it was a prickly bush, and he realised in slow motion. I sound incredibly cruel, but when we checked his unscathed hand over, I had to laugh, bless his innocent little soul. There was also another situation which left me in such a flap, I’m running the risk now of ruining the point of a ‘bullet point’, so check back for a hilarious blog post on this another day.
- Monday we popped over to my in-laws for an impromptu visit and they only went and ordered pizza that evening. While the kids eat their egg and spaghetti hoops, with a side of banana and yoghurt, we tucked in to pizza. Pizza is disgusting though kids, you eat your eggs, much more tasty.
- Tuesday the in-laws popped over and took the kids to the beach for a few hours. I drank tea and watched tv. I rarely get the entire house to myself, actually this may be the second time I’ve been home alone, seriously. So to potter around the house with the stair-gate open, not having the referee toddler fights, was deliciously sweet. I’m the kind of person who enjoys their own company, but never actually gets to enjoy it, I never seem to be alone, so I thoroughly appreciated these few hours. I was a lot calmer come the dinner-time meltdown. You know the one.
- On Wednesday we rose and drove to visit my aunt. It was a last minute plan. Well, we planned it last week, but that’s about as last minute as I like to get when it comes to outings with the children. This half of our family live a few hours away, the journey was unlucky, not because of the kids, they were absolute angels. We were stuck behind two different crashes and I had to distract my boy who desperately needed a wee. The sign read ”15 miles until services”. But it was worth it for the family time and mid-week BBQ. We love us some burgers.
- I bought some new light shades for the kids bedrooms. I know, pretty boring, but things like this make me really happy. I’ve just put them up this evening and we all marveled at how beautiful they look. The next purchase on my wishlist is a gigantic clock I’ve seen, I just need to co-sign with Mr Firstooth before I adopt it.
- Made in Chelsea starts again next week. That’s all. I’m just excited.
This post has been shared on: