Washing. It’s a never-ending cycle, especially when you have a family. I recently gave myself a pat on the back for dwindling our washing pile down to 5 items. When I’ve simply never seen the bottom of the basket, that little achievement means a lot. The reason we have washing for days (when it’s sheets and towels day, that can be 3 loads. THREE LOADS), is because we have kids.
I have a resourceful partner who re-wears everything and is close to turning his boxers inside-out. He hasn’t stooped that low yet, because, well, that’s gross. I’m not afraid of re-wearing a top, providing there’s no baby-sick or crust on the shoulder. But the kids, these kids will go through an outfit a day, sometimes two. Kids are messy, they get down and dirty and while they’re learning to feed themselves bowls of soup (point-blank refusing to wear a bib) their clothes become covered and stained with every substance possible.
Washing is never going away, we all need to do it. I know how unfair that sounds, it’s hard to type knowing I still have ‘just one more’ load. (When I say ‘we’ I mean ‘me’, I’m not sure Mr Firstooth even knows how to use the washing-machine. Actually, I’m certain he doesn’t, do you have that problem with your spouse?)
So, holding the important responsibility of keeping our familys’ clothes clean and fresh, we need a product that does this, but is also suitable for sensitive skin. I was given the chance to review ‘Simply Pure’ and ‘Simply Sensitive’ laundry tablets. Of course I jumped at the chance, there’s always a pile of washing to do, so there’s always room on the shelf for laundry detergents.
The trouble we have with trying new brands of laundry detergents is our sensitive skin. When I’ve switched brands previously, my children will break out in a little rash and sometimes eczema will flare up and my skin becomes incredibly itchy for a day. So when we started using the Simply tabs, I was half expecting these things to happen, but thankfully, our sensitive skin took to the new gentle brand very well.
Another worry of mine with using tablets is the inability to control the amount of detergent you use, it’s one tab, no matter how dirty or clean your washing is, or the amount there is to clean (which, lets face it, is always a full load). But the packet says 1 tablet suits all types of washing loads, without losing cleaning power, even on cool washes (I know, they all say that don’t they, but Simply is designed to dissolve much easier than other detergents, in cool water and during an eco-wash with less water).
So I was interested to see if the cleaning power was compromised, but I was also excited to use a tablet. It’s so much easier to throw a tablet in the draw than measure out each scoop accordingly. It’s also handy to know exactly how many washes you will get from one pack (24 washes in each pack). Larger washing machines sometimes require an extra tablet, ours is a large one and 1 tablet was more than sufficient for each load.
So, what do I think of Simply washing tabs?
After trialing them for a full two weeks, I think they’re great. I wanted to show you a before and after picture to show the power of one tablet on stains caused by my messy children:
On one of my daughters dresses a little stain was left after the wash. But after another wash with a little stain remover, it was easily removed. But look at how brilliantly her sleep-suit came up after she stood in soup (don’t ask), that’s pretty impressive!
As a mum, my main focus for a laundry detergent is how well it cleans and how gentle it is on our skin. Simply certainly delivered. But, just in case you’re interested in other important aspects of a laundry detergent…
Here are a few key points I wanted to share with you. Letting you know why Simply is great:
- Simply ensured all detergents are compatible and in line with modern washing machines that use less water. Most laundry detergents struggle to break down and rinse thoroughly in advanced modern machinery. While machine manufacturers reacted to environmental concerns on water usage, detergent manufacturers haven’t produce a formulation that leaves no residue and rinses efficiently.
- Simply Sensitive will leave your garments with a subtle smell of freshness. Simply doesn’t believe in using a combination of perfumes to reflect cleanliness. Understanding people like a nice smell but prioritising actually cleaning clothes.
- Simply cleans and sanitises your clothes, leaving no residue to irritate and harm your skin.
- The patented formulation is designed to break down in hard/soft/hot/cold water conditions so you can be reassured that no detergent residue is left touching your skin.
- Simply will make you environmentally friendly by default. All our ingredients are 100% biodegradable. All our products are phosphate free. We manufacture all our products in our factory in West Yorkshire. We were the first company in the EU to be awarded European Eco-Label for all our detergents. Simply Sensitive cleans tough stains effortlessly without compromising your health and the environment.
Simply nip out and get yourself a packet now!
You can purchase Simply from Amazon so it’s delivered straight to your door. Here are the links to the products we used:
Simply Pure Non-Bio Tabs
Simply Sensitive Non-Bio Tabs
You can also find more info about simply by following their Facebook channel.
Update – I’ve just discovered that these tablets WILL shift any stains. Remember I said my daughters dress was left a little marked? Well if I had left it in soak for an hour or so before the wash, it’d have come out stain free. That’ll save us a huge amount on stain removers!